Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

There are bad rumors about me?

One of the Directors of my dept at work approached me as I was leaving work yesterday (late, mind you), and said, all serious like, "I just heard a bad rumor about you".

She was looking all somber and suddenly I felt like I was about to be chastized by the principal, so I my mind started racing for something I could have done wrong, which is totally crazy because I am a model employee and never do anything wrong at work. I mean, I never blog at work or anything! Right?

So then she says "I heard you don't like Twilight?" and looks at me all confused.

Immediately, I go from panic to delight, because someone has brought up one of my favorite topics of discussion! Permission to rant freely!

I say, "let me clarify: I had an absolute blast reading them, even though I thought they were so, so bad, and I verbally trashed them every step of the way, to anyone who would listen. But I still kept reading them, and recruited other people to read them and bash them with me. But yes, I think the author and characters are pretty much awful. I kept wishing someone would just kick Bella in the face. Edward is a creepy stalker, though he is pretty cute in the movie, and I can't wait for the next one. There must be something wrong with me, because I delight in it, but also hate it. "

"But its a love story!" she says.

At this point, I figured there just was no getting through to her (i.e. recruiting her to the dark side), so we discuss imprinting. Puke. Then we discuss how practically every page includes a line about Bella being chagrined or muttering. She told me that she had never noticed before, but now it will all stand out to her (she's on book 3).

So bascially, I have ruined the books for her.

My work is done.

1 comments:

NIKOL said...

You are awesome and I love you. That is all.