Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Linda Goodman's Love Signs

I'm not one of those hippie/gypsy types that is all into incense, tarot, and crystal balls, but I do find astrology somewhat interesting. I'm not sure exactly how much of it I buy into, but I do buy into it to a certain degree. For example, I think horoscopes (daily, monthly, etc) are total crap. On the flip side, I do find that certain characteristics/personality traits associated with the different astrological signs to be dead on. For example, I am a Taurus, symbolized by the bull, and we are notoriously stubborn and bull-headed. I find this to be absolutely true. We are also, in fact, completely awesome, but I digress.

Anyway, back in the 70's, my mom was apparently way into astrology. Who wasn't back then? I'm told she did detailed charts on our family down to the day of the week and time of day that we were born, though I keep forgetting to ask her about it. I'd love to get my hands on them. Again, I digress...so Linda Goodman was like the absolute guru on all things relating to astrology and she wrote all kinds of books on the topic. My mom had one of these books, Love Signs. I remember it always being on the bookshelf...old, faded, red, hardback, with gold lettering. But I never took a look at it until Eric & I got together and hadn't looked at it since. The book basically evaluates all the possible combinations of astrological signs and further breaks it down to male & female roles, then it talks about how the relationship functions as a couple.

I've found it to be pretty accurate in terms of mine & Eric's relationship! As I was reading, I was nodding my head and identifying with the good and the bad. Incidentally, it says we are actually a pretty good match.

I was itching to check it out again and luckily, my brother gave it to me for Christmas. I've loaned it to a friend to look at to see if she finds it to be accurate as well, and I'd love for all my friends to check it out and give me their opinions. Anyone interested?

It's super fun to read up about exes too!

4 comments:

Madison! said...

I would totally be interested! Though I should NOT admit this, I'm one of those "If I make this green light, then such and such is meant to be" suckers.

NIKOL said...

I'd love to check it out, too! It sounds really fun.

Kris said...

My work friend still has it, but she said it was pretty accurate for her too! Hopefully she'll bring it back tomorrow.

What signs are all of you guys?

Madison! said...

Are you hitting on us, Kris?!

I'm a Gemini, but on the Taurus cusp. In other words, I'm awesome.