Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Confession: I am a Cougar


I slightly want to see the Jonas Brothers In Concert movie. I've openly confessed my love of boy bands before, and I've even confessed my completely inappropriate old-lady crush on these adorable little boys with dark, curly hair. Its not that I have some gross sexual obsession or anything. Yuck. They're just boys that remind me what it was like to be 15, listening to NKOTB, giggling, and posting pictures from BOP up on my locker. So what if their voices still crack when they sing? So what if the middle one looks like his eyebrows were drawn on with a sharpie? They were great in those skits on SNL this week and their musical performances were...fairly decent...and still better than Ashlee Simpson, right? I can still buy their albums, crank them at top volume, and sing my disturbed little heart out in the car. My problem is that I want to see the movie, but not enough to actually, you know, buy a ticket, and be caught dead in the theater. That would be far too humiliating...but I wish I had a young niece that wanted to go, and with whom I could totally earn "cool aunt" points by taking her to the movie. So if any of you have a young daughter who wants to see this movie, but the thought of sitting through 90 minutes of boy band squealing makes you want to puke, give me a call...I'm free this weekend.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Honestly, I don't think I've ever even heard a Jonas Brothers song!

Kris said...

You just don't know what you're missing! I admit, there are a couple of songs I don't like and will skip over, but there are plenty of others that get stuck in my head & I'll sing all day long. Some of them are actually really good, but then, I like boy bands in general, so perhaps my taste is a bit tainted.

NIKOL said...

I honestly have never heard one of their songs, either. In fact, I can't even name all three of them. I'm impressed that I even know there are three! You should recruit Kira to see the movie with you. She's the right age, right?