Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

We've Adopted a New Family Member

This weekend was wonderful.  We had turkey and family time, we shopped, saw Tangled AND Harry Potter.  And then, Saturday night...she arrived!

Her name is Sam, and she is beautiful.  Tall, thin, flawless complexion.  I forget which country she's from, but she's definitely Asian.  We love her so much!  Her full name is Sam Sung. 

Here she is.
Sam Sung, our new baby.  She was delivered at 63 inches long, and weighs about 30 pounds.  She's our new 3D plasma tv.  Isn't she gorgeous?

I can't wait to introduce her to all my favorite shows and movies.  I'm thinking that Sam and I will really bond over shirtless Ryan Reynolds movies.  I mean, can you imagine those abs in 3D?! 

In case you're wondering how on earth we could afford to buy this tv....We didn't.  It was a Christmas gift from Daddy Warbucks my Dad, who feels compelled to spoil us ever since we visited him in October.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  Still, I would have been happy with a gift card to Sephora.  It's gonna make my gift to him of assorted DVDs, books, and photos of the kids seem really insignificant.  Sorry Dad....and THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

She is so beautiful!

I don't know what my haul is going to look like this year, but it's possible that on December 26 I'll be up for adoption. Just sayin.

Kristina P. said...

We could really use one of those in our bedroom.

NIKOL said...

Those 3D TVs intrigue me. Do you have to wear 3D glasses in your own living room? And 3D movies usually make me sick to my stomach. Would watching it in my living room make it better? A better question would be: would I care about being sick if I was experiencing Ryan Reynolds' abs in 3D?

Congrats on the new family member!

Kris said...

You do have to wear the 3d glasses if you watch anything in 3d mode. I don't like 3d at the movies because the edges are always blurry and only the object zooming at me looks clear. It always gives me a headache. But the home 3d glasses are supposedly way more high tech and have to be charged and everything. They make everything look clear. But to be honest, we haven't charged the glasses yet and watched anything in 3d mode.

But let me tell you, I watched Russel Crowe in Robin Hood and was able to see at least 12 pores on his nose. And see some individual eyelash and eyebrow hairs. SUPER clear.

peewee said...

PUCK in 3D?!?!?

When can I move in?

And WHY do I keep adding DOGS as family members?