Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pandora Radio

If you're like me and you work in an office, you probably A: get bored out of your gourd from time to time or B: need to drown out your annoying coworker's voice as she complains about politics or the latest episode of Dancing With The Stars or something. If so, you need Pandora. Its this awesome internet radio that Eric showed me. You customize your own "station" with all your favorite artists/songs and then Pandora also picks other music to play that it thinks you will like based on your preferences. You can "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" all the songs it plays. If you thumbs down something, it stops playing that track right away and plays something else. At first it might play a lot of songs you don't care for, but the more feedback you give the site, the better your station becomes. Plus, no commercials or goofy dj chatter!

For example, at first I just put Justin Timberlake and Stevie Wonder on my station. So I was getting a bunch of boy band and oldies funk songs. Which I thumbed down. Then I put in Queen, The Mamma Mia soundtrack, Billy Joel, Annie Lennox, George Michael, The Pretenders, Jason Mraz, Michael Buble, etc. Now my station is perfect! I get all kinds of random songs, but I like all of them. Sometimes I even sing at my desk when I think no one is listening. Now its my turn to annoy my coworkers!

Try it, you'll totally love it and it will make your work day go by so much faster. Once you've logged in and started your station, it will go right to it and start playing songs each time you visit Pandora too. So convenient!

0 comments: