Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lady Gaga Is Actually 55 Years Old

The other day I found myself randomly watching a show about the bands that performed at the Us Festival back in 1983. Don't ask me why. I don't even remember the Us Festival. I must have been too busy playing with my Holly Hobbie doll or coordinating my coulottes with my leg warmers or something. Apparently the Us Festival was like the Woodstock of the 80's. But with more aqua net, blue eyeshadow, and dove shorts. And it was broadcast all over the world, including Russia! Dah! Russia!

The bands that played were pretty darn awesome at the time, and included: INXS, Oingo Boingo, Stray Cats, Divinyls, Men at Work, The Clash, just to name a few. When the show featured Missing Persons, I gasped. I swear I was staring right. at. Lady Gaga.

Oh. My. Gaga!

Are they the same person? Are they mother & daughter? You decide:





Thanks to the internet, I did some googling and found out that Dale Bozzio is the lead singer for Missing Persons, and she was born in 1955. Lady Gaga claims to be born in 1986. I'm suspicious. I'm thinking I should contact Us Weekly about this startling discovery. Unfortunately, I think it will only cement these lyrics further into my brain:

Roma, Ro-ma-ma
Gaga, ooh-la-la

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I heart Lady Gaga. I have to say, I'm sad I threw out the Kermit cardigan I made when I dressed up as her for Halloween. If she comes in concert here, I would totally weart it.

Stephanie Faris said...

I'd say reincarnation if the woman from Missing Persons had died around the time she was famous. Maybe her talent and image somehow was absorbed into Lady Gaga when she was a fetus!

I'd say Lady Gaga looks more like a transvestite than the other woman...especially in that magazine cover! Although I do like her.

Kris said...

Kristina, she came in concert here, and I missed it! I'll never forgive myself.

Jules AF said...

Totally the same person. Maybe she made a deal with the devil to get younger.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm telling you, that's not just oxygen in those bubbles.

NIKOL said...

I think Missing Persons still tours. So you might be on to something.

Fun fact! Weird Al Yankovic's first paid gig was opening for Missing Persons back in 1982. That must have been...quite a show.

Nikki said...

I think you're on to something here. I'll be watching this space...

BrineB said...

Missing Persons was not my cup of tea....but Dale Bozzio's was easy to look at back in the 80s. The US Fest. was a HUGE DEAL....though I only followed Metal Day. But Missing Persons was the bomb. And Gaga's not blind...everyone steals from someone.