Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Work Sucks

Basically, I have a pretty good job. I have my own office and even have somewhat of an admin assistant that helps me from time to time. The pay isn't great, but the benefits are awesome and I live less than 5 miles away. Its not bad. But lately the office politics and bureaucratic red tape have reached colossal proportions. I'm swamped and the workload keeps building while we cut back on staff. Considering the economy, I'm grateful for my job, really I am. Its stable and I like what I do. I just preferred it when the environment wasn't quite so....intense. And maybe when the piles on my desk were less than 6 inches high.

Still, there are things to be thankful for. Like, thank goodness I'm not a prison guard, or Michael Jackson's makeup artist, or.....a proctologist.

0 comments: