Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Mad (about Jon Hamm) Men



Mad Men is back starting season 3 on Sunday at 10pm on AMC.

This show is so awesome. I say things are "awesome" a lot, but its really true. Would magnificent be a better word? What's a good 50s/60s era adjective? The bees knees? Keen? Anyway, If you're not watching, you should be. It's like an HBO or Showtime series, only without the nudity and cussing. There's still plenty of sex. And TONS of innuendo. But you never actually see any naughty bits.

The characters are all completely flawed and barely even likeable. But so riveting. The late 50s/early 60s aren't quite the idyllic world I imagined. Not according to Mad Men. But that's only because of the rampant sexism, racism, smoking, alcoholism, adultery, etc.

Still don't think it sounds like something you'd want to watch? Just take a gander at Jon Hamm in a suit.

If that doesn't convince you to watch, then clearly you are crazy.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I feel like I watch a ton of TV, and yet, there are so many shows I'm still not watching, such as this one.

NIKOL said...

You know that starting a new show would go against my plan of gradually phasing TV out of my life. However, if I made an acception with VH1's Megan Wants a Millionaire I suppose I would make an acception for Mad Men, too.